Friday, March 11, 2011

I got a referal today in Ms. Dilback's class... :(


I must admit that I do behave quite badly in english class. It's just a fourth period thing I guess. When the last period of the day comes I just cant wait to leave school. I think i might have senioritis... or do I? What exactly is senioritis?

A quick glance at wikipedia reveals some info about senioritis:

Senioritis, from the word senior plus the suffix -itis (which refers to inflammation but in colloquial speech is assumed to mean an illness), is a colloquial term used in the United States and Canada to describe the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their high school, college and graduate school careers.[1]

I wonder what could cause this common phenomena? Maybe we spend too long in school? Or maybe school just becomes less effective as we get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment