Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I like blogging!

A family to me is kind of like a flower. The different parts of the plant (the different people in the family) work together to help grow a beautiful flower.



Side bar: The other day my history teacher was playing devils advocate in the current healthcare reform debate. She announced, in the voice of a white collar worker with a college degree, that because she had worked her tail off in college she deserved to have healthcare, as opposed to those who aren't as well off and can't afford it. She said even if there were 48 million people without healthcare, she shouldn't have to be the one to pay for it.

Is that really alright? Just because some people work very hard in college for five, six, or eight years they have the right to dictate whether or not that portion of the population can have healthcare? I'm not saying what's wrong and right, but I think that that high and mighty train of thought could be one of the many things that's wrong with this world. I realize my teacher didn't actually believe that sort of thing (I hope), but ASDFGHJKL;!









Also, one more thing, here's a picture of me in the 70's:





1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with getting better health care if you went to college and got a good job? I mean let's face it, there are people on welfare who don't have any ambition and will get one more benefit from the real working class. Now I understand the people who are in that situation by accident and need health care for legitimate reasons, but should I pay more money so that a person who has no respect for life or people can get health insurance?

    ReplyDelete